Work at ForTomorrow
About working with us
We’re a small organisation, mostly run by volunteers. We’re non-profit, for impact and we can’t yet offer competitive salaries to the skilled people that we need. But you can help us get there.
- We work from where we like. We’re a distributed organisation and many of us work from different countries.
- We have responsibility and the freedom to experiment and learn. We work independently towards clear goals. We can work when and how we prefer.
- Everything we do, we share on Trello, Slack, GDocs, Figma and Github.
Right now, we’re looking for people with experience so that you can work independently, without lots of guidance from the team.
We’re hiring our first permanent employees! We’re looking for German speaking people who can work from Berlin:
If you want to work with us, please find an area below where you can work independently and define your own tasks.
Help make this page look more exciting! Right now, Koos does everything design and there’s so much to do. We’re looking for designers with at least three years of experience who can take over some of his responsibilities. This could include the following:
- Branding: We’re in the process of rebranding ForTomorrow. We have a direction, now we need to implement it:
- Develop a visual language
- Design a logo
- Mock up web page layouts and create a component library in the process.
- Find or create visual assets which match the new style. New illustrations for the tree and power plant we use on several webpages would be particularly important!
- Brochure and ad design: we’re on several social platforms (see the footer of the page) and our posts need high quality visuals.
- User research: Through interviews and web analytics, find out what motivates our users, how we can segment our target group and how we can improve our brand and the community. And of course: how we can increase our conversion rates.
- Usability testing: Find out how we can improve our website and the subscription experience through interviews and observations.
Coordinate work packages between volunteers. This is a responsibility we’d happily give to an entry or senior level product manager.
Copywriting & translation
- German and English: We have a blog, newsletters and lots of information to share. There’s so much you could help with.
- German and English: help to implement the new branding guidelines on the current and redesigned web pages.
- Other languages: We want to bring ForTomorrow’s offering to other countries. That means you could translate not just the website, but also adverts and social media accounts. Perhaps most importantly, you could help build a strategy to make ForTomorrow successful in those countries.
This is more than copywriting, but being good with words is essential.
We have static website built by Jekyll with a backend provided by Fundraisingbox. We are developing a web app for our members which will let them track their donations and CO2 emissions. It will help members become carbon positive—and not just through offsets.
We need advice both for how to approach this and architecture to get us there. Once we have this plan in place, we need help building the following things:
- Backend: a basic but reliable and scalable setup for data storage and retrieval. This involves setting up user management and authentication and connections with other services, including the frontend.
We run ad campaigns on Facebook and Google. We could use your experience in optimising campaigns and funnels.
If you have a large online audience or know how to get people with large audiences, then you could also help us.
How to apply
We know time is precious and you have to make a living too. So to keep things simple, we’re just looking for people to do the work packages described above. We’d still like our collaboration to go beyond the packages though. If you want to take responsibility for a work stream, you’ll have the opportunity to do that once you’ve shown your skills.
This way, we can make sure that you get to make an impact, do work that interests you and spend just as much time on it as you like.
- Apply by email to pick up one or more of the work packages we’ve described. Can’t find a role that matches? It might be worth waiting until we’ve grown and need your skills. Or, let us know why we need your support and describe your own work package.
- In your email, please show us you’ve got the skills to pull off the package independently. A resume and portfolio could help. We’re not worried about long and fancy letters, we just want to find out if we’re a good match.
- Let us know how much time a week you can give to ForTomorrow.
- We’ll coordinate work packages between volunteers. It may be that the package you prefer is already taken by someone else.
- You get full responsibility for growing ForTomorrow through the work assigned to you.
- We have check-ins about once a week, so we can talk about progress and how the team can support you.
- ForTomorrow grows, CO2 goes down and together we become climate positive.